Thursday 2 August 2012

Thrifting Thursday

My favourite  kind of shopping, hands down, is second hand and antique. Every shopping trip is an adventure as you never know what you will find. There are the bigger thrift stores in Canada like Goodwill and Value Village but often they are not as good as the little independent stores. In the smaller city where I live there is a little thrift store that is run by volunteers from the United Church. Inevitably, no matter how many times I go there, I always find a few treasures. The prices are great!


Everything here was in one bag for$1.50!

1400 yards of Antique Cotton and a pattern

4 spools of "Daisy Gimp"

braided cord

flower trim

Appliques


This is from a "Woodwards" store (59¢). Woodwards opened in Canada in 1892
and closed for good around 1993.




This was also in the bag. It says "creative circle" on it .
 If any one can tell me what it is for I would appreciate it.

Happy Thursday! Happy thrifting!

3 comments:

  1. Great thrifts! That yarn will be great and I LOVE those appliques! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi BJ... the Creative Circle object is a yarn sorter or holder. I think it's used for holding pre-cut lengths of yarn for crewel embroidery, but I could be telling you more than I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I appreciate the info. Maybe I will use it one of these days.

      Delete

comments