Thursday 23 May 2013

Thrifting Thursday, makeover

Redone thread and scissor holder with pincushion wings.


When looking through thrift shops and antique stores I am always on the lookout 
for vintage sewing supplies. I especially like seeing antique thread holders.
 I was lucky enough to find one that I love a few years back:


Vintage thread holder


Then just recently I found this at my local Value Village for $3:

Newer handmade thread holder

While it was fine as it was, it in no way coordinated with my craft room decor.
 Good excuse to redo it! I took it apart.... the duck was just screwed into the base. A little
 left over spray paint from my desk makeover , a tiny bit of new fabric, a couple of new
buttons and voila! I am happy with how it fits into my craft room decor. 

I am also always on the lookout for vintage wooden spools of thread. 
I managed to find some in the colors I wanted.


Sewing room fun accessory

Happy Thrifting!

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! Great colours. Also, love that little accessories box in behind. Antique sewing accessories are the best - my main goal when I'm at Aberfoyle in a weeks time! :)

    ReplyDelete

comments